Assume you’re halfway thru a shipment and realize you’ve run out of truck space, or you’ve run out of merchandise, and some of your trailers are traveling half empty. It can influence your logistics business’s productivity and efficiency while costing you more than expected. As a result, logistic delivery systems or apps are used to improve supply-chain management. It allows you to track your warehouse capacity, truck space, location tracking, etc. For instance, if you manage a logistics company, you may incorporate an online logistic delivery management system into your operation to get better-controlled operations and efficient results. Hence, this article will walk you through the logistics app development process, including its different types and major features.
Benefits of Developing a Logistic App
- Easily Manage Your Fleet
With a logistic delivery system, you can track and manage vehicle data in one location. You may also check the technical status of your trucks and address concerns through required inspections to detect problems with brakes, engines, and so on. This app’s data-driven approach can help you run your business by tracking driver data, assigned trucks, vehicle routes, vehicle capacity, and other management chores.
- Reduce Paperwork
With corporate automation, the logistic app development process will replace existing paper forms & service order procedures. We can send E-bills, make online payments, confirm electronic proof of delivery, and track deliveries. As a result, you may access the data, save time, and waste less.
- Cut delivery time and costs
Because of easy vehicle tracking and real-time data updates, your business will become more visible and manageable. You can optimize routes, schedule freight deliveries, and expect fuel costs with reliable data. Thus, logistics apps will not only make your workflow more visible, but they will also save you money.
- Simplify the Supply Chain Process
Logistics app development will assist in reducing unnecessary processes in the supply-chain process and optimizing it, resulting in a more efficient workflow. Also, incorporating Blockchain technology into logistics apps transforms the industry by enabling an end-to-end, open, secure, and strong supply chain network.
- Improve Warehouse Management
One of the most important functions in the logistics sector is warehouse inventory management. Maintain inventory records to determine how many items have been dispatched and how many have been left in the warehouse. It would help if you guaranteed that no trucks go half-empty or overloaded and that the inventory does not run out of supplies. AI-powered logistics mobile apps can improve warehouse management by minimizing inventory space and providing status updates.
Logistic App Types
- Supply Chain Management
The supply chain app developer creates logistics apps to improve inventory and operational procedures. With detailed monitoring of activities, you can identify issue areas in your supply-chain process and boost the productivity and efficiency of your supply chain.
- Fleet Management
Fleet management software allows you to manage transport data and commercial arrange cars. These apps will assist you in optimizing fleet activities.
- Driver Management
These apps are designed to handle drivers’ data and suit their demands to ensure that logistical procedures run smoothly. Through driver management app types, you can keep the driver’s profile, follow their location, and track the stock they are carrying.
- On-Demand Courier Service
You can design on-demand courier apps that provide a well-connected logistics network with the dispatching firm, drivers, and shippers that need to receive the items. As a result, this software will make chores like sending, monitoring, and managing courier deliveries easier.
- Warehouse Management
It can be challenging to update, track, and manage thousands of shipments. Logistic app development for warehouse management may digitize all processes, decreasing human error and providing real-time information.
- Delivery Management
The app will ensure a centralized logistic delivery system with easy access to information for logistics industry leaders. They may keep track of the delivery status, order locations, driver information, and other important factors to ensure on-time delivery.
Integrating Logistics App Features
After deciding on the type of logistics app, you must decide on the functions of the app. Each app kind has its own set of characteristics. As a result, choosing app features intelligently without going to extremes with the first release is required.
The dispatcher and Driver Panel are the two key components of logistic app development.
- Sign Up- Create your profile on the logistic app and secure it with two-step authentication.
- Dashboard- A control panel that allows dispatchers to track and manage all logistics procedures.
- Order Management- Examine the order data and manage the supply chain.
- Tracking of Drivers and Freight- A dispatcher should be able to follow their drivers and orders to know the exact delivery status.
- Fleet Administration- Allow dispatchers to check expenses such as gas, tax, and so on, and optimize routes.
- Driver Administration – Dispatchers can view drivers’ information and the routes, cars, and freight assigned to them.
- Revenue & Expense Management- View credit history, billing & invoice details, and calculate revenue & expenses.
- Push Messages- Receive notifications about orders, inventory levels, and other important information via automatic updates.
- Sign Up- Drivers, like dispatchers, must register on the app using email addresses or social media profiles.
- Driver’s Profile- Drivers can manage their profiles by uploading appropriate documents such as their driver’s license, identification, qualifications, and bank account number.
- Shipment Details- Drivers can get shipment details such as pick-up and drop-off addresses, contact information, etc.
- Map & Route Navigation- Drivers can use the map to find the customer’s address and the best routes.
- Electronic Proof of Delivery (ePOD)- With this, drivers may take order confirmation via photo, signature, or barcode scanning.
- Communication Tools- Drivers may need to call the dispatcher and customers to ensure the order arrives on schedule.
- Push Notifications- You can notify drivers of assigned shipping orders or modifications to shipment orders.
Step-by-Step Process of Logistic App Development
- App Discovery
The first stage is to define the requirements of the logistic delivery app based on your project scope. A thorough project analysis will provide a clear picture of a logistic delivery system that will be employed, laying the groundwork for your app creation.
- Hire a Development Company
If you want to validate your app idea in the market after discovering it, it is better to hire Clickoot and create a minimal viable product. That strategy will allow you to test your app idea and deploy it in less time and money.
- UI/UX Design
Now that you’ve determined your app’s concept and feature requirements, it’s time to create a high-class, user-friendly design. An interactive UI/UX design can ensure that your logistic app developers are on the right track.
- App Development
Following the app design, the coding part of the app development process begins. Using the appropriate technologies and third-party integrations, integrate all functionality and screen transitions.
- App Testing & Maintenance
Your effort does not finish with app creation; you must ensure that your app is bug-free and operates as expected. As a result, mobile app testing is an essential activity. Furthermore, you must keep your app up to date with the latest technologies and guarantee that it functions properly.
How Much Does Developing a Logistics App Cost?
There is no set technique for calculating the cost of designing a logistics app because it depends on various factors. Typically, we can divide the cost of developing an app into the following categories:
- Platform selection
- Feature complication
- UI/UX design fees
- Integration of low-cost technology
- App Maintenance Costs
- Development period
The online logistic delivery management system will be more expensive for complicated mobile apps. Your client may need custom features designed from the ground up and various screen transitions and navigation. Thus, the platform’s level of customization and planned user experience will be the key cost-influencing elements.
Logistics apps may improve the supply chain process, from warehouse administration to vehicle maintenance. With such tools, you may automate your logistical operations while increasing your company’s efficiency.
If you want to create a high-quality logistics delivery system, you can hire Clickoot, which specializes in logistics app development. We understand the diverse needs of every business. As a result, we can help you create a great app for food delivery or a bespoke website. We also develop delivery systems for e-commerce, logistics, food, and retail.
Whether you want to create a warehouse management system, a fleet management system, or an on-demand logistics software, you must understand the business demands, feature requirements, and so on. Knowing your project’s scope can help you prepare for difficulties. So, let’s get started.